Cyber-attacks are on the rise, and businesses need to be more vigilant than ever when it comes to cybersecurity and data protection. While there are many protections measures you can put in place to prevent attacks, human protection remains one of the most important considerations. Every business needs a human firewall because technology alone is not enough.
• The various types of cybercrimes your business can fall victim to.
• How they can help to avoid them.
• This way, you avoid costly mistakes caused by human error and add another layer of protection to your business.
The term “human firewall” refers to a group of people in your business who offer an added line of defense against cyber-attacks. Regular firewalls block malicious traffic from getting into your systems, while a human firewall helps to secure your network. If you empower your team on cybersecurity, you will bolster your other firewalls. To supplement your cybersecurity efforts, you should train your employees on how to:
• Learning and following basic cybersecurity practices.
• Creating cybersecurity awareness among the people around them.
• Offering defense against phishing and other types of data loss.
• Identifying data threats and controlling them before they cause adverse effects.
A human firewall offers maximum protection against the main areas of weakness in your cybersecurity defenses. These threats include:
Just like a traditional firewall, a human firewall secures your network. You should equip your employees with the knowledge and skills needed to protect your systems and prevent cyber-attacks in your business.